It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.

.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Mascara: Maybelline The falsies Vs. Colossal volum'

I've always been a fan of Maybelline mascaras - volume express, volume express turbo boost, volume express lift up, XXL volume and length. You get the idea, I like my lashes BIG. So I'd been using their newest volumizing mascara, colossal volum' for a few weeks and its fair to say I was pretty happy with it, it gave me volume, length and was cheap but then 'The Falsies' mascara was launched. Even though I was perfectly happy with colossal it went without saying that I had to give the falsies ago. I mean, who doesn't want false lashes in a tube!?

The Mascaras:

Maybelline colossal volum' £6.99



(Please excuse my awful eyebrows, I'm in desperate need of some new tweezers)

Maybelline The Falsies £7.99



The comparison:


Both of these pictures were taken after about 4-5 coats of mascara (I meant it when I said I like my lashes big). Overall they give pretty much the same look. Colossal is maybe better at thickening whereas falsies makes them a teeny bit longer. I'll probably stick with falsies from now on just because I don't think it looks as clumpy or thick and also the curved brush makes for much easier application, especially on lower lashes. Either way, judge for yourself which one you like better.

Hope this helped lovely's :)
xxx

No comments: